Reverie


Reverie - n. a state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts; a daydream or fantasy; a visionary or impractical idea

"To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee,—
One clover, and a bee,
And revery.

The revery alone will do
If bees are few." - Emily Dickinson

Monday, July 16, 2012

Do You Want to Share My Fantasy?...(part II)

In addition to hiking up to a floral wonderland, this weekend Melanie, Megan and I got lost at the Oregon Country Fair.  This was my first time going and it blew...my...mind.  What does this have to do with bees, you ask?

Everything!  Because I dressed like a blindfolded bee. 

Lots of other people were dressed up too.  Here are two exquisite stiltwalkers.

We hung out under gorgeous tents filled with belly dancers and musicians.

There's that bee again.  The mask is genius.  From a distance it looks like a blindfold, but the eyeholes are covered in black lace that I can see through.  Barely.  It gave my already altered sensibilities another layer of confusion.  Can I please wear it around Corvallis?

Paper lanterns!  Thai food!  Naked mud people!


Yes, it was. 

Check out the dreads on these kids!!!

Incredibly, leaving at the end of the day was as much of a party as arriving that morning.  I still haven't completely recovered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment