Reverie


Reverie - n. a state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts; a daydream or fantasy; a visionary or impractical idea

"To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee,—
One clover, and a bee,
And revery.

The revery alone will do
If bees are few." - Emily Dickinson

Monday, July 9, 2012

Aural Ecstasy

The bees have finally found the sea holly (Eryngium sp.) that I planted just for them.  One day it's the sunflowers, the next it's the sea holly, every day it's the borage.  They go through phases just like me.  For instance, right now I am in a major Radiohead phase

I just discovered their new one, The King of Limbs, and I'm absolutely lost in it.  I used to be a purist and only work in my hives to the sound of the bees, but the dreamy Mr. Yorke has convinced me another world exists.  If you like Radiohead, you should give a listen.  If you like Radiohead and love working with bees, you should try them together.  It's a delicious combination.  

Open your mouth wide
A universal sigh
And while the ocean blooms
It's what keeps me alive

So why does this still hurt 
Don't blow your mind with why

I'm moving out of orbit
Turning in somersaults
I dive into those eyes
Jellyfish swim by

No comments:

Post a Comment