Reverie


Reverie - n. a state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts; a daydream or fantasy; a visionary or impractical idea

"To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee,—
One clover, and a bee,
And revery.

The revery alone will do
If bees are few." - Emily Dickinson

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Deep Breath....Now Jump!


I want to be a beekeeper. 

Not just on weekends, but every day.  So here I go.  Introducing Nectar Bee Supply.

I am lucky to have the most amazing business partners (co-conspirators?) a girl could ever dream about in Karessa Torgerson and Melanie Sorenson.  I still can't believe the events that have unfolded to bring us to this point.
 
There is a strong beekeeping community in Corvallis that includes lots of seasoned pros and even more beginners eager to get started.  So many people in our area have talents related to beekeeping - whether they raise queens, construct ventilation boards in their garage, grow bee-friendly plants for seed, or bottle artisan honey.  We want to connect all of these people and serve as a clearinghouse for that community.

The hard part is trying to balance unlimited ideas with very limited resources. We don't want to be a discount beekeeping store. We want everything we sell to be useful, durable, and beautiful. 

Beekeeping equipment?  Definitely.  Classes and events?  Absolutely.  Native pollinators?  We like them too.  Hive hosting, a honey CSA, a community honey house, our own store...Just wait.

Keep your eyes on us, we have big ideas.  Now if you'll excuse me I have to get to work.



1 comment:

  1. I've been dreaming of ways I can make beekeeping my full time profession. I haven't figure out how just yet. But I day dream about it.

    ReplyDelete